Senior Experimental Chemist required, Cheshire West. Must have proven industrial experience of running reactions, synthetic chemistry or chemical process development
Senior Experimental Chemist
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is currently working with a leading manufacturer of specialised chemical technology, with applications in industries from automotive to energy storage. Their R&D team in Cheshire is now looking for a Senior Experimental Chemist to work as part of a small team building, operating, monitoring and troubleshooting single reactions carried out on experimental reactor rigs. Running multiple programmes concurrently, you will also be interpreting experimental data and working with Senior Process Chemists to decide on next steps. It would be an ideal role and a fantastic opportunity for a degree-qualified Chemist who has built up several years of industrial experience in research or process development activities, perhaps involving synthesis, lab-scale reactors or pilot plant scale up.
Benefits: You will join an experience team of 5 scientists, with dedicated training and good potential to supervise junior staff in due course. 37.5 working hours, Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 bank holidays. Excellent pension scheme, private healthcare and target-related bonus.
Role / Description
- Building, running and troubleshooting reactions on experimental, lab-scale reactor rigs (2-4 programmes concurrently)
- Altering reaction controls, conditions and parameters as necessary
- Collating and interpreting experimental data to identify anomalous or invalid results
- Critically assessing processes, equipment and manufacturing options to achieve technical and economic optimisation
- Using Swagelok equipment for reaction rigs, as well as GC and GCMS to analyse reaction product and intermediate samples
- Recording experimental results and producing technical reports for Senior Process Chemists
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety awareness and practice, particularly pertaining to high hazard chemicals and processes
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry
- Proven experience in lab-based research or process development gained in an industrial laboratory environment
- Understanding or experience of chemical process scale up is preferable
- Experience using GC or GCMS for analysis is beneficial but not essential
- Ability to work independently, influence others and understand the commercial relevance of work undertaken
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jack on 0161 888 2557. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: process, process development, research, reactor, reaction, rig, intermediates, experiment, experimental, synthesis, post-doctoral, chemistry, compounds, fluorine, chemical, MChem, MSc, PhD, doctorate, senior, energy storage, electrode, battery materials
your application has been submitted