Senior Process Chemist required, Cheshire West. Must have a strong background in catalysis and proven experience of running reactions, synthetic chemistry or chemical process development from industry or academia.
Senior Process Chemist
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is currently working with a leading manufacturer of specialised chemical technology, with applications in industries from automotives to energy storage. Now in a position to grow their R&D Team, they are looking for a new Senior Process Chemist to join them at their site in Cheshire West. This role will lead process development activities, providing expertise on catalysis, as well as executing and overseeing reaction experiments with reaction rigs and pilot facilities to optimise the full process. You will also support junior chemists, with a view to managing 1-2 staff in due course. This would be an excellent career opportunity for a Master's or PhD-qualified Chemist, who has research or process development experience, particularly working with catalysis - either from industry or post-doctoral experience.
Benefits: You will join a genuinely dynamic, supportive team of 5 scientists, with dedicated training and good potential to progress to people management. 37.5 working hours, Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 bank holidays. Excellent pension scheme, private healthcare and target-related bonus.
Role / Description
- Managing, operating and troubleshooting reactions on experimental, lab-scale rigs/reactors (2-5 programmes concurrently)
- Advising on catalysis options and solving problems with catalytic mechanisms
- Checking, validating and interpreting experimental data to identify anomalous results
- Critically assessing processes, equipment and manufacturing options to achieve technical and economic optimisation
- Using Swagelok equipment for reaction rigs, as well as GC and GCMS to analyse reaction products
- Producing technical reports and presenting results to leadership teams
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety awareness and practice, particularly pertaining to high hazard chemicals and processes
- Minimum MChem / MSc in Chemistry
- Strong practical knowledge in catalysis
- Proven experience in lab-based research or process development gained in industry and/or academia (post-doctoral)
- Experience using GC or GCMS for analysis is beneficial but not essential
- Management or supervisory/mentoring experience is beneficial but not essential
- Ability to work independently, influence others and understand the commercial relevance of work undertaken
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jack on 0161 888 2557. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: catalysis, catalyst, process, process development, research, reactor, rig, experiment, experimental, synthesis, post-doctoral, chemistry, compounds, fluorine, chemical, MChem, MSc, PhD, doctorate, senior, energy storage, battery materials
your application has been submitted