My client are now looking for a Maintenance Engineering Manager to work within the Engineering department at their Manufacturing Centre. Working as part of a team you will set culture and standards to improve safe availability of equipment through driving a goal zero culture and maintaining the HSEQ and engineering standards while working on project implementation to deliver improved asset standards and increased equipment reliability in line with the plant sustenance program.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing improvements to the maintenance program on a chemical manufacturing plant through a team of multidisciplinary staff and Technicians.
- Conducting all work to the highest HSEQ standard at all times in line with a top tier COMAH site. Forming an integral part of the engineering and production teams to improve performance and reliability.
- Managing diagnosing of defects, stripping, overhauling and re-commissioning industrial plant equipment.
- Ensure all identified improvements are reviewed and supported with data, engineering knowledge of the area and available technologies within the industry.
- Delivery of short to medium term capital improvement projects.
- Identification, management and delivery of solutions to improve plant reliability and increase equipment availability.
You will bring experience in:
- Background in TPM or similar lean manufacturing environments.
- Significant experience in a chemical or manufacturing plant-based maintenance engineering team.
- Experience in management, including first line management and budget management advantageous.
- Working knowledge of key legislation including HASAWA, PSSR, PUWER, LOLER, Electricity at Work, COSHH, DSEAR, L8 and COMAH.
- Experience managing HSEQ Standards (preferably on Top Tier COMAH site)
- Practitioner in formal problem-solving tools (eg: RCA, 5 why's, Fish-bones etc)
- Degree qualified or HNC with relevant experience.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme.
- 31.5 annual holidays.
- 37.5 hours a week + overtime if required paid at 1.6
- Package including pension, bonus and healthcare.
your application has been submitted