Senior Scientist - Megakaryocyte Specialist
Senior Scientist - Megakaryocyte
SRG is delighted to be supporting a truly unique and innovative start-up biotech with their ongoing recruitment needs, as they continue to build their in-house research teams. Our client is focusing on the development of a highly novel synthetic biology platform to offer a range of cell therapeutics using CRISPR methodology to engineer iPSCs. Due to ongoing expansion of the business, they are now looking to appoint a Senior Scientist with a focus on Megakaryocytes.
- Contribute from area of expertise to independently support in vitro megakaryocyte differentiation and characterisation work streams in alignment with established programme strategy
- Apply knowledge in megakaryocyte biology to strengthen their capabilities, mentor other team members and take accountability of work packages where expertise is key for success.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of novel publications and developments in the field of megakaryocytes, acting as an in-house subject matter expert.
- Produce high-quality presentations to communicate results to senior leadership and peers.
- Contribute to authoring of technical and science reports which feed into IND filings.
- Promote adoption of software, instruments, automation, and ways of working which improve data robustness & data meta-analysis.
- A relevant PhD, or MSc with significant experience in the megakaryocyte or progenitor biology field.
- Experience with flow cytometry, microscopy, and immunofluorescence are essential.
- Proven aseptic cell culture technique.
- Flow, ELISA, and western characterisation of megakaryocytes or progenitors, assessing their maturity and phenotype.
- Ability to constantly adapt to changing environment and research needs.
- Clear, professional, and well-structured communication with peers and senior leaders.
Please apply with a copy of your CV in word or alternatively reach out for more information: Paige Keenan firstname.lastname@example.org / 02039379660
your application has been submitted
Back to job search