Laboratory Technician - Biomedical Science
Temporary positions - £11p/hour - Shift based, flexible working hours contract
Based in Central London
Do you have a background in Biological Sciences?
Would you like to work for a leading clinical development organisation with a specialist testing projects, including for COVID-19?
Through their specialised clinical trial platform, my client plays a key role in drug and vaccine development across a range of infectious and respiratory diseases. Their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities are based in Central London, where they are looking to bring on board a team of Laboratory Technicians.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of driven scientist within a highly specialised virology and immunology laboratory, playing a key role in COVID-19 testing, drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician will include;
- Receiving, labelling and sorting clinical samples, in line with strict laboratory regulations.
- Timely processing of samples for analysis.
- Ensure compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GcP).
- Maintenance, calibration and upkeep of laboratory and specialised equipment.
- Molecular and virus specific assays e.g. qPCR, tissue culture, infectivity assay etc.
- Data generation, input and review.
To be considered for this Laboratory Technician vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc in Life Sciences (Biomedical Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Infectious Disease etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstratable understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GcP) or GxP.
- Previous experience working within a laboratory environment is preferable.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail in order to record laboratory data accurately.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues.
- Beneficial - Experience working within a GcP/GxP laboratory.
If interested and to find out more, contact Chloe.Anderson@srgtalent.com, or apply online today.
your application has been submitted