SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a British multinational speciality chemicals and sustainable technologies company who are looking for a Lab Assistant to join the team in Billingham.
The Laboratory Assistant will perform sample preparations, analytical and PVT lab instrument maintenance and general laboratory duties under the supervision of the UK Project Support Chemist to assist the smooth and efficient operation of both the PVT and Reservoir analytical laboratories. We work to support oil and gas in the analysis of tracer chemicals within crude oils and water from oil wells.
- Responsible for working as part of a small team to support timely delivery of client work to agreed timescales; i.e the initial sample preps using basic techniques, booking samples into the lab, general lab admin work, basic instrument maintenance etc.
- Work in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures to ensure laboratory operations are conducted in a safe manner.
- Work according to the relevant laboratory quality standard to ensure work is performed in line with the most recent procedure, analytical method, or work instruction.
- To take on any other laboratory duties which are within the individual's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Liaise with Project Support Chemist and Senior Analyst to ensure daily work tasks are understood and completed to required timescales.
- To perform preventative maintenance checks on PVT and Analytical Laboratory equipment under the supervision of the laboratory team to ensure continuity of analytical service.
- Experience of working within an analytical chemistry laboratory (main technique are GC and GCMS)
- Good working experience of general analytical lab duties
- Experience of performing general laboratory preparative techniques (gravimetric, volumetric)
- Broad general background knowledge of Analytical Chemistry techniques
- Working knowledge of Gas Chromatography an advantage
- Safety conscious attitude
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
6 months contract (possibility of extension)
Mon to Friday
If this role is of interest to you, (or you know anyone who might be suitable), please click the link to apply or email your CV to Natalia Santoro at Natalia.firstname.lastname@example.org
your application has been submitted