Waste and Regulatory Assistant required, based in West Yorkshire. Suitable for a Chemistry or Environmental Science graduate with good knowledge of COSHH and hazardous chemicals.
Title: Waste and Regulatory Assistant
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £22,000 - £23,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a leading company who specialise in the manufacture and distribution of biocidal products. As part of their service offering, this company run a specialised waste disposal service for their customers and are now looking for a Waste and Regulatory Assistant to support the team. You will be involved in receiving and sorting used chemical packaging and hazardous waste and assisting with regulatory affairs, as well as quality and environmental management. The role would ideally be suited to a recent Chemistry (or similar) graduate with good knowledge of COSHH. Alternatively, candidates that have industrial laboratory experience of handling hazardous chemicals who want to move into a non-laboratory-based role are encouraged to applied.
Benefits: Full training provided and opportunities to develop regulatory and quality systems knowledge. Working hours 8.30am - 5.15pm, Monday to Friday. Workplace pension for first 12 months, enhanced pension scheme after first year. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Receiving waste and used packaging from customers and accurately completing necessary paperwork and records
- Safely sorting waste on arrival, to be packed accordingly
- Advising customers on waste minimisation and appropriate packaging for waste disposal
- Assisting the Regulatory Affairs Chemist with product regulations, building and maintaining an understanding of Biocidal Product Regulations, REACH and hazardous waste regulations
- Collecting and recording data associated with Quality and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 9001 and 14001).
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
- Experience of handling hazardous chemicals and good knowledge of COSHH
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to manage time and prioritise accordingly
- Self-motivated attitude and a willingness to learn
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, science, sciences, graduate, environmental science, hazardous chemicals, COSHH, regulations, regulatory, waste, ISO, 9001, 14001, biocides, site chemist
your application has been submitted