SRG is currently looking for a Specialist within Production Support for a specialist Diagnostics organisation in Birmingham
Title: Specialist - Production Support
Employment type: Permanent
SRG is currently looking for a Specialist within the Production Support Department of a specialist Diagnostics organisation based in Birmingham. The Company is built on the success of its people and values them as its key asset. Integral to this organisation is creating a diverse and inclusive culture which welcomes and creates diversity of thought, action, and innovation where all 1,200 colleagues can truly thrive.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in running both commercial ELISA assays, and in the design and running in-house R&D ELISAs. They will be familiar with standard New Product Development procedures and relevant regulatory requirements for marketing in-vitro diagnostic assays in Europe and the USA. you will be expected to be familiar with methods of large-scale ELISA manufacture, ELISA quality control procedures and associated documentation requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and executing experiments as part of assigned project and technical investigation work.
- To lead high priority projects, ensuring that all relevant paperwork is complete and stored correctly.
- Perform ELISA assays for R&D purposes and complete investigational and experimental reports.
- To generate new documentation including specifications based on experimental work performed.
- To carry out such initial validation as is appropriate to ensure successful performance once projects are handed across to other departments.
- To ensure that any assigned work is planned and carried out in a timely manner.
- To develop specialist experience and knowledge with respect to all areas of immunoassay development and verification/validation and contribute to the design of future products.
- To carry out design changes to existing products or processes when required and assist in the investigation of complaints.
- To critically evaluate analytical methods and equipment to maintain highest possible standards.
- To develop/contribute to new techniques/scientific understanding to improve upon existing and future products.
- Scientific Degree in a biological sciences and relevant practical experience in assay development/verification OR Masters degree in a relevant subject.
- Strong experience of laboratory work
- Good knowledge of Immunology.
- Good knowledge of Immunodiagnostics.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience or knowledge of operating automated analysers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- To be friendly and approachable.
- To be flexible to the needs of the business
If you are interested in finding out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online today!
your application has been submitted
Back to job search