- Laboratory Technician
- Temporary position - £11p/hour - Shift based, flexible working hours contract
My Client, a Clinical Research Organisation are seeking a Laboratory Technician to join the Laboratory team at their site in Manchester.
My client conducts human challenge clinical trials. The end goal of their clinical trials is to potentially eradicate common illnesses like the common cold and flu completely - or at least make treatment of them as easy and effective as possible. Their studies focus on testing new treatments on humans, in a safe, controlled, clinical environment.
The Laboratory Technician performs processing, storage and transport of subject's samples according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP). They also provide technical support to the wider team to ensure effective laboratory operations with a prime focus on quality.
- Perform receipt, processing, storage and transport of samples according to SOP and GCP, within specified timeframes, ensuring milestones are reached.
- Produce and maintain required documentation concerning study-specific sample receipt, processing, storage and transport.
- Develop laboratory skills as required for assigned projects.
- Maintain compliance with Good Clinical Practice, all relevant SOPs, to company standards and guidelines.
- Work as part of a team, maintaining excellent communication between staff at different sites and between divisions.
- Assist with the production of kits and labelled samples.
- Operate laboratory/analytical equipment or other instruments considered standard for example (not limited to)
- Microbiological safety cabinets
- Water baths
- PH meters
- Ensure all laboratory housekeeping is maintained for example
- Empty waste pots and bins
- Weekly cleaning of equipment
- Discarding expired reagents
- Preparing lab coats for laundry
- Printing of alarm logs
- Maintaining consumable and freezer Inventories
- Collection & refilling of liquid nitrogen
- Receipt & logging of samples, consumables and reagents.
- Monitoring and reporting of temperature sensitive equipment excursions.
Skills & Experiences:
- GCSE or BTEC in a Science subject.
- Previous experience of working within a laboratory environment.
- To be able to work as a member of a team, responsible for organising own time and resources in an optimal fashion, with some guidance.
- Good communication skills.
your application has been submitted