- Job Title: Clinical Support Specialist (CSS)
- Contract: Flexible Working Hours Contract (Bank)
- Rate: £11 p/h
- Location: London
SRG are currently recruiting for multiple vacancies for Clinical Support Specialists (CSS) to join a leading Clinical Research Organisation (CRO) at their site in Whitechapel, London. This role would be suitable for a recent graduate from a scientific discipline, or a Laboratory Technician / Laboratory Professional looking for a change of environment within the Clinical / CRO space.
The CSS role provides support to the multidisciplinary team in the planning and execution of daily activities including panel screening, study specific screening, quarantine and follow-up. You will also be responsible for managing the volunteer journey in the Screening Reception area and for coordinating the progression of the volunteer through the study from initial screening through to final study visit, including essential administrative tasks related to this process in accordance with current regulatory requirements i.e., ICH-GCP.
- Responsible for performing clinical procedures and daily tasks and planning of daily activities.
- Reflect on own and team activities to identify risks, enhance performance and improve quality of volunteer care
- Practice in accordance to internal policies, Standard Operating Procedures and Study Protocols.
- Assist with the daily management of the clinical area
- In Screening, to provide receptionist and administrative duties for arriving volunteers to the screening or follow up visit, ensuring the reception area is staffed always during clinic hours
- Deal with queries, filing, audit information preparation, database entry and general correspondence, quickly and efficiently.
- Providing information and correct versioned documentation to volunteers, ensuring these are completed correctly.
- Accurate completion of CRF and other data points as required by the protocol.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders for the daily schedule of volunteer's visit.
- Support new team members in training on the job. of new ancillary staff.
- Monitor work areas and practices to ensure that they are safe, free from hazards and conform to health, safety and security legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in audit where appropriate
- Administrative duties when designated.
- Adherence to ICH/GCP and best practice always.
- Promote volunteer safety and data integrity in accordance with ICH GCP and other statutory instruments, raising and resolving queries.
- Help and assist in training of junior staff members where applicable on procedures.
- Perform study specific assessments within time points as required by approved study protocol such as taking vital signs, ECG's and venepuncture & spirometry. Etc.
- Screening suitable subjects, including panel screen consenting.
- Ensure accuracy and credibility of data gathered.
- Timely data self-checks and responding to data queries and raising deviations.
- Sample collection and management as per SOP/OI and protocol.
- Liaise with laboratories, internal and external, and assist with the ordering of couriers, requests for sample preparation, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring REES temperature monitoring is recorded, reported and maintained in accordance with internal SOP's.
- Checking of the emergency equipment as required and ordering and maintenance of consumables
- Maintenance of equipment and escalation to designated Equipment Leads.
- Promote wellbeing of subjects during their study participation.
- Acting as the volunteer advocate during the study participation.
- Input into process improvements and generating Standard Operating Procedures.
- Deal with all incoming telephone enquiries and written queries promptly and efficiently.
- BSc in a Biological Sciences or a relevant / related scientific discipline OR experience in a healthcare setting
- Strong communication skills, experience in customer service is highly desirable
- Good IT skills
- Good knowledge of ICH-GCP and regulatory standards
- Previous experience within a clinical environment (desirable)
If interested and to find out more, contact Chloe.Anderson@srgtalent.com, or apply online today.
your application has been submitted