SRG are currently looking to recruit a Sensory Panel Leader to join a multinational beverage alcohol company, based in Bishops Stortford area.
The On-site Sensory Panel Leader will supervise and directly manage a team of Trained Sensory Panelists and 1 Panel technician who play a key role in the execution of sensory analysis projects on behalf of the client. The role is principally hands on as well as having responsibility for supervising and training the team. The panelists work is usually 9 hours a week over 3 days, for which the Sensory Panel Leader must be onsite.
- Management of the Trained Descriptive Panel (with Panel Leader responsibility) including selection, maintenance, training, and performance of the team
- Efficient management of assigned sensory projects to fully meet stakeholders' objectives and agreed service levels. Including project planning, analysis, and interpretation of sensory data, reporting and dissemination of results
- Support the client's Sensory Manager to deliver the section project targets and identification and development of new business opportunities/leads
- Facilities management, ensuring good practises are implanted and adhered to.
- Primary point of contact of the client management team
- Escalation of any issues or problems to the Operations/Account Manager.
- Participate in the recruitment of new team members
- Degree in food science/technology or related discipline
- Minimum of 1-2 years' sensory science experience, panel leadership skills essential
- Professional sensory qualifications at intermediate level desirable
- Proven experience in managing timely and cost-effective delivery of sensory projects
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and well-developed communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and specialist sensory software (Compusense)
- Competence in management of staff and resource utilisation essential
- Panel leadership to motivate, maintain and develop panel performance
- Manage stakeholders' interaction and works collaboratively to fully define project objectives and adopt a structured approach to problem solving to enable selection of the most appropriate test method
- Accurately interpret sensory data and clearly communicate study findings
- Well-developed communication skills to enable cascading of technical/commercial detail and to confidently present at client meetings, conferences, and training courses
- Good organisational and planning to enable effective co-ordination of sensory resources to support the timely execution of sensory projects.
12 months contract (possibility of becoming permanent)/ 37,5h per week/ competitive salary
If this role is of interest to you, (or you know anyone who might be suitable), please click the link to apply or email your CV to Natalia Santoro at Natalia.firstname.lastname@example.org
your application has been submitted