SRG are currently looking to recruit a Lab Technician to join a global agrochemical company based in Bracknell area.
- To support a range of studies across teams, including on plants, insects, and plant pathogens.
- Labelling, treating, sampling, processing, and transfer of liquid into LCMS vials.
- Routine maintenance of plant cell cultures.
- With project lead, prepare 14C labelled samples for phosphorimaging
- Work with plant production to ensure timely and quality delivery of plants
- Oversee running of established protocols on automation robot
- Working with line manager, ensure that support is given to all indications, and scheduling is captured in a calendar.
- Working independently and as part of a team, perform parts of studies using standardized protocols progressing samples towards analysis.
- Apply gained knowledge and experience to recognise problems and work with supervisor in finding solutions. Advise supervisor of any backlogs and on likely timescales.
- Compliance with HSE requirements and suggest improvements in own work area.
- Keep up to date on developments to the capabilities of the automation suite.
To be successful in this role, we believe you will need:
- Relevant formal training (3-6 months) plus 1-3 years hands-on experience in similar role or a recognised relevant qualification (e.g. Degree, NVQ, HND etc).
- Ideally, would have experience of plant cell culture maintenance or working with sterile cultures.
- Must be comfortable with handling insects.
- Understands HS&E standards that apply to work area and applies basic risk assessment
- Experience of dealing with a diverse range of people in a busy and demanding environment
- The ability to quickly learn and apply new skills, occasionally self-led.
12 months contract/ 36h per week/ rate: £13.25
If this role is of interest to you, (or you know anyone who might be suitable), please click the link to apply or email your CV to Natalia Santoro at Natalia.email@example.com
your application has been submitted