- Working with operations and engineering personnel to identify, develop and implement solutions to plant issues.
- Development of capital projects and carrying out process engineering work for capital projects.
- Longer term planning for future plant efficiency and/or reliability improvement. Monitoring and optimisation of catalysts and reactions within the plants.
- Process Safety work (e.g Pressure Relief, HAZOP, SIL, Human Factors etc.) as required to support the site Process Safety Management System.
- Lead the management of change process for nominated plants.
- Supporting plant teams during turnarounds.
- Working in accordance with company standards and procedures and good engineering practice.
- After a suitable period of training and experience, the job holder may be expected to take part in a duty rota as part of the site plan for emergency response.
- Undertaking failure analyses including Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of plant outages, when required.
- Month end production and variable cost reporting.
The skills, qualifications and experience for the role....
The successful candidate will have a degree (Masters level Preferred) in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
The role will require:
- Good problem solving skills
- Logical, analytical thinking and ability to interpret plant data
- Ability to work well with wide range of personnel from shift operators to supervisory and technical personnel and senior management.
- Dynamic self-motivated individual, able to identify opportunities and work with others to produce solutions.
- Practical approach
Previous experience of working on high hazard processes would be beneficial, ideally on a top-tier COMAH plant.
Experience of working on capital projects and process safety studies would be beneficial.
Experience and understanding of process safety systems, such as relief valves, LOPA, SIL, Hazop.
your application has been submitted