Main role purpose:
The post holder is responsible for site roads, embankments, pipe bridges and drainage systems, to ensure the assets are inspected and maintained to engineering standards appropriate for the COMAH assets they support. As a Civil Engineer, the post holder also provides specialist functional expertise on all aspects of civil and structural engineering to the full Site operations, engineering and projects.
- Ensure the safety of those working around and on infrastructure assets.
- Manage the condition of site roads, pipe bridges, embankments and drainage systems through routine inspections and definition/oversight of remedial works.
- Develop and manage long term plans to ensure asset condition is maintained.
- Manage budgets and forecast costs for routine and project expenditure.
- Provide civil engineering consultancy to projects and staff as required, including training on topics required for compliance with site instructions.
Key skills & knowledge required:
- Degree or HND with graduate potential and 10 years' practical experience.
- Detailed understanding of relevant legislation including HASAWA 1974; Work at Height Regulations 2005; Standards for Highways; Health & Safety in Construction HSG 150; Avoiding danger from Underground Services HSG47.
- Knowledge of ICERs and ICEGs for civil engineering topics.
- Practical experience in solving problems relating to structures, earthworks, drainage and containment systems.
- Able to develop clear and detailed scopes of work that accurately communicate work requirements, critical safety and quality information as well as contractual constraints.
- Understanding of contracts as well as terms and conditions.
- Experience in budgets, reporting of spend and management of accruals.
- Working knowledge of SAP and Excel spreadsheets for the analysis of cost data.
- Able to schedule and prioritise to deliver inspection, project and maintenance activities on time in full.
your application has been submitted