SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Principal Scientist- Analytical Chemistry to join the team in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
The Analytical Chemistry (AC) Team at the Hoddesdon site supports the other chemistry functions and our science partners with advanced analytical solutions that help deliver our clients' programmes and ultimately progress medicines to the market. Having recently undergone a period of growth and expansion with the construction of a new laboratory containing 40 fume hoods, we are looking for a Principal Scientist with strong expertise in Analytical Chemistry.
- Review and Approval of Scientific Reports and SOPs.
- Overseeing the leadership on several analytical project teams working to tight deadlines.
- Planning their teams work and prioritising as necessary with the minimum level of supervision.
- Implement new analytical techniques and strategies to expand the departments capability.
- Ability to solve multiple complex scientific problems.
- Able to ensure adherence to GMP.
- Present and communicate clearly and effectively with clients.
- BSc or PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline with extensive experience in an Analytical Chemistry laboratories.
- An expert in troubleshooting and developing HPLC methods or other separation techniques such as SFC and/or GC.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of other analytical methodologies.
- Clear understanding of the drug development process from start to finish.
- Ability to lead complex multidiscipline scientific projects.
- Experience in leading teams of scientists, including senior levelled scientists.
- Experience in Technology Transfer of Analytical Methods.
- An excellent scientific record of accomplishment.
You are considered an expert in Analytical Chemistry and have expert knowledge across a range of analytical techniques including HPLC and other analytical methodologies utilized to characterize APIs and Drug Products.
You will so be responsible leading a team of analytical scientists and oversee the analytical support of several Chemistry and/or Drug Product projects. Finally, you will be responsible for the quality of the support given within your team and ensure that quality data and results are reported to Clients in team meetings. This role contributes to the overall scientific effectiveness and the strategy of the department.
Permanent contract, competitive salary.
If this role is of interest to you, (or you know anyone who might be suitable), please click the link to apply or email your CV to Natalia Santoro at Natalia.email@example.com
your application has been submitted