We are partnered with a global clinical research organisation who are searching for a Senior SAS Programmer to join their expanding Biometrics department. The Senior Programmer is responsible for providing expert SAS Programming support to the programming team whilst taking a lead on the development of best working practises and processes (including SOPs) to support the delivery of multiple projects within the Programming Department. This role is a great opportunity for an experienced programmer to continue their development, whether that is by taking the step up to managing other staff or by continuing to develop their management style and technical capabilities through the organisation's programming specialist paths.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the SAS programming team across multiple projects within the Biometrics department to ensure they are delivered on time and have met deliverables.
- Drive and develop both existing and new processes to support activities across the programming department.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and other relevant departments to develop timelines for programming activities and deliverables in line with the project contract and business objectives.
- Create, review, and maintain dataset specifications while ensuring CDISC compliance.
- Write SAS® programs to generate datasets and outputs as well as perform analyses.
- Review your own programming code as well as that of other team members to uphold good programming practises and overall quality.
- Generate, review, and provide input into project plans and documentation e.g., Protocol, Data Management Plan, Statistical Analysis Plans
- Provide programming input to project deliverables including the CRF, SAP, analysis dataset specifications, table, figure, and listing shells.
- Preferably, a minimum of 4 years' experience using SAS® in a programming role within the Pharmaceutical or CRO Industries.
- Considerable experience with the SAS® programming language and in-depth working knowledge of effective SAS® programming practices.
- Demonstrable excellent knowledge of CDISC data standards including ADaM, SDTM and good understanding of Define.xml.
- Extensive knowledge of drug development process including the relationship between the CRO industry and pharmaceutical companies.
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework that surrounds drug development and the clinical trial process.
- Knowledge of clinical trial process; including the interaction between the SAS® programming team with the wider Biometrics team and clinical operations.
- Competitive and negotiable salary - (flexibility depending on experience!).
- Fully remote working - UK sites are available if in office is preferred.
- Clear development and training paths with options to focus on both Technical skills and developing Management capabilities.
- A chance to join and grow with an expanding organisation which focusses on its staff with clear progression paths.
If you are interested in applying for this role either apply via the above link or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted