Development Scientist required, based in Tyne and Wear. Requiring proven industrial experience of formulation and development work, particularly across coatings/polymers/composites and/or mixing formulations.
Title: Development Scientist
Location: Tyne and Wear
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a leading manufacturer of coatings and composites that are mainly used in electronic goods. With a global presence and a portfolio of growing products, they are now looking to hire a Development Scientist to join their technical team in Tyne and Wear. This role would suit candidates that have proven industrial experience of developing, formulating and testing thin film coatings. This role would be well suited to candidates that have experience of formulation and development across coatings, polymers, composites amongst other sectors and industries.
Benefits: You will join a leading manufacturer of coatings at an exciting time for the business. Working hours: Monday - Friday with flexibility on start and finish times. Potential of an annual bonus, access to share option plans and an opportunity for international travel.
- Formulation work to develop both new and existing formulations across thin films
- Support in the process development and optimisation of thin films used for devices
- Support in in structural and electrical testing/characterizing of thin film
- Support in the scale up and transfer of processes to high volume manufacture
- Educated to degree level within Chemistry or related discipline
- Proven industrial experience of formulation and testing in a Research and Development (R&D) environment
- Knowledge and experience of organic semiconductor materials is highly desirable
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: formulation, product development, R&D, formulation chemist, development chemist, chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulating, coating, surface coating, thin-film coating, fabrication, organic electronic devices, dielectric, passive interlayers, layer stack, micro-groove, solar, polymer, dielectric, sensor applications.
your application has been submitted