Technical Manager Delegate
£28,000 to £37,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a highly successful polymer developer and manufacturer. They are part of a wider global group that produce their innovative products across sites worldwide for use in various insulation, coatings and laminate applications. As part of a clear succession plan, they need someone to join their technical team in Merseyside to progress and develop into a role where they will become the Technical Manager of the UK should they perform well in the role. In the main, they will be managing HSE standards, and managing research, development, and quality activities. They will also be assisting in troubleshooting production, driving innovations, ensuring regulatory compliance, keeping up-to-date with the market, as well as control purchasing activities, and liaising with clients. The successful candidate needs to be a team player, be able to work independently, need to be resourceful, be methodical, be able to respond to an ever-changing environment and have proven experience in polymer chemistry and product formulation.
Benefits: Having a very clear path to move into a full Technical Manager role. 40 hour week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (with an hour lunch and flexibility in start and finish time), 20 days holidays + statutory bank holiday, and a company pension scheme.
- Reporting to and assisting the technical manager in delivery of all technical support and expertise to the UK development and production site
- Managing of general day-to-day technical (HSE, research, development, and quality control) activities
- Design development projects from concept, proof of concept, raw material selection, scale-up, production, QC, adjustments to product launch
- Monitoring and ensuring conformance of regulatory matters such as chemical hazard data, correcting and updating documentation
- Managing raw material purchasing decisions and acquisitions
- Assisting in the managing of and contributing to project targets, completions, and budgeting
- Production troubleshooting and supporting manufacturing operatives - providing corrective solutions to any issues arising
- Investigating and correcting any out-of-spec issues with finished products
- Commercial activities such as handling customer queries, providing customer technical support, assist in investigative and corrective actions, and providing technical insights for product design, and contribute to the identification of market opportunities
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar) or Chemical Engineering as a minimum
- 5 years proven experience in polymer formulations and product development - specifically the process of forming solids from liquid polymers
- Good understanding of ISO 9001 standards and quality management
- Hands on ability to support production/ manufacturing, and rectify quality control issues
- Must be a team player, be methodical, be entrepreneurial, be able to work independently, and be highly driven
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, polymer, polymer chemistry, HSE, QC, epoxy, polyurethane, H&S, formulations, NPD, coatings, resins, electrical insulation, quality, R&D, ISO 9001
your application has been submitted