Job title: Scientific data administrator
Location: working from home Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 months initially
Salary: £13.97 p/h
Start date: ASAP
About the company:
A leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Historical data provides critical insights into how a company can design innovative new products with improved environmental and toxicological behaviour- 'data mining'. We are converting historical documentary reports into easily-searchable data- Syngenta Expert Database [SED]. This is a major undertaking requiring scientific understanding, judgement and accuracy. You will have a key role in this high business value project, with responsibility for selecting critical Information from historical reports and entering it accurately into the SED. Full training will be provided. You will also have the opportunity to broaden your scientific knowledge of the fate and behaviour of chemicals in the environment learning from scientific experts at the company's Research and Development site in the UK.
- To populate a data with scientific safety data, primarily from study reports.
- To search scientific study reports and transfer key information into an electronic database.
- To liaise with scientists in Product Safety in order to develop an understanding of the key information needed and to resolve any questions or difficulties.
To be successful in this role, we believe you will need:
- Scientific qualification at degree level or equivalent in chemistry or a biological subject.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues working in a team.
- Knowledge of toxicology studies.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Someone who is a 'finisher'.
- IT skills, including Excel.
your application has been submitted