*Role: Research Scientist - Biochemical Assay Development
*Duration: 12 months minimum
*Location: Cambridge Science Park
SRG are working with a multinational research-based BioPharmaceutical Company who develop new medicines and medical devices. One of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies our client has a portfolio of products for major diseases from cancer treatments to neuroscience and respiratory which you could be a part of.
They are seeking a Research Scientist to join the team on a 12-month contract however there is huge potential for this role to go permanent for the right candidate.
In this position you'll play a pivotal role in channelling scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. The Biochemical Assay Development group in Discovery Sciences, is responsible for the generation of novel biochemical assays to support projects in all phases of the drug discovery pipeline.
There is an exciting opportunity for you to join the group as a lab-based scientist and be a key member of the team, developing biochemical assays for compound screening and mechanism-of-action studies in support of Oncology drug discovery projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, and validating biochemical assays for implementation in drug discovery projects, while incorporating the views of others.
- To work in partnership with colleagues in the High Throughput Screening and Mechanistic Biology & Profiling teams to ensure that assays are designed optimally and implemented effectively.
- To be an effective member of Drug Discovery Project Teams, contributing ideas and using judgment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project.
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made.
- To achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications.
- BSc/MSc degree with some relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience in the design, development, and validation of biochemical assays for compound profiling and screening applications; together with an understanding of the application of biochemical assays in delivering mechanistic insights into compound mode of action.
- Practical understanding of biochemical assay methods and technologies (for example fluorescence, luminescence, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques) as applied to a biological target.
- Practical understanding of assay optimisation, including statistical tools such as factorial experimental design, to enable the generation of robust, reproducible, and sensitive assays.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills.
- Research experience in Oncology
- Experience in mass spectrometry.
- Cell culture and cell assay development expertise.
- Hands-on experience of screening compounds in biochemical and cell assays
- Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across the interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise.
- Experience of working in external collaborations.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call 020 3910 9513.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search