QC Supervisor required, based in Cheshire. Scientific degree and industrial analytical experience essential. Must have hands-on experience with GC or GC-MS.
Title: QC Supervisor
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a long-established manufacturer of speciality chemical compounds for the consumer goods sector. Based in Cheshire, they are now looking for a new QC Supervisor to join the Quality team, managing the day-to-day activities and workload of the QC Lab. This will be a hands-on role conducting analysis, as well as mentoring and developing 2 Analysts and developing methods for analysis using GC and GC-MS equipment. The team use Gas Chromatography regularly, as well as other analytical equipment so this would be an ideal role for a Chemist who is well-versed in GC or GC-MS instrumentation, as well as maintenance and troubleshooting. Experience can be from any industrial background, including pharmaceuticals, contract testing, food, environmental testing, biosciences or chemicals.
Benefits: Reporting to the QC Manager, this role will play a key role in leading and ensuring the smooth running of the lab. Training provided as necessary and great potential for career progression in due course. 37.5 working hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday. 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Supervising the daily activities of the QC laboratory, supporting and training junior analysts
- Undertaking routine and non-routine QC testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products including: GC, GC-MS, HPLC, Density, Refraction Index, Moisture, Karl Fischer titrations
- Performing and training of basic preventative maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of equipment
- Liaising with the QC Manager and production for tracking and prioritizing samples requiring positive release
- Conducting method development on an ad-hoc project basis, adapting existing methods
- Approving or rejecting batches against agreed specifications
- Supporting customer complaints investigations in the labMaintaining GLP and safety standards in the lab
- Minimum BSc degree in Chemistry, Biology, Forensic Science, Food Science or similar
- Previous industrial laboratory experience using Gas Chromatography (GC) or GC-MS for analysis of samples
- Demonstrable skills in maintenance and troubleshooting of Gas Chromatography (GC) or GC-MS
- Any experience of method development beneficial but not essential
- No supervisory experience required but must be able to act independently and think laterally to solve problems
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, laboratory, analysis, analyst, analytical, technician, chemist, GC, GCMS, GC-MS, Gas Chromatography, chromatography, chemistry, biology, pharmaceutical, contract testing, environmental testing, forensic, food science, chemical
your application has been submitted