Job Title: Entomology Research Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 1 year + extensions
Pay Rate: competitive
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading. They are currently seeking a Research Scientist with proven experience in Entomology and invertebrate toxicology. This will be an excellent opportunity for a motivated researcher to design, execute and analyse in vivo and in vitro experiments related to the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) of insecticides in arthropod pests and plants. Opportunities to lead technical aspects of insecticide ADME, advising colleagues across the different functions in Crop Protection Research related to Biological Sciences will also be given.
- To provide the scientific and technical expertise required to design and perform studies that inform about the bioavailability of novel agrochemicals in arthropod pests and plants.
- Develop and maintain knowledge in science and technology relevant to the research topics related to insecticide ADME.
- Participate in cross-disciplinary projects, working with colleagues from other disciplines, conducting studies and coordinating the delivery to meet project needs?
- To review and advance established protocols or implement technology that improves capability and efficiency.
- May lead small multi-disciplinary projects, which will effectively use resources expenditure within agreed limits. May be responsible for managing junior staff and students.
- Honours degree or equivalent in Biology, Agricultural Science, Chemistry or related disciplines. Preferably, a PhD related to Entomology or insecticide ADME/Invertebrate Toxicology. Research experience in a relevant professional or academic environment.
- Ideally, experience in Analytical Science (e.g. Mass Spectrometry).
- Ideally, knowledge in the physicochemical properties of active ingredients used in crop protection.
- An external network of scientists in related fields.
- Team mentality, effective interpersonal and communications skills, influencing colleagues from various disciplines and providing guidance to junior staff and students.
- Talent to work effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation and a creative mind for problem-solving.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Rabia Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org
your application has been submitted