Analytical Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. Degree in Chemistry or similar essential, with extensive industrial experience in chemical analysis - specifically GC and HPLC.
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is currently working with a highly successful speciality chemicals manufacturer, based in Cheshire West. With an excellent reputation in the industry, the business is now looking for a new Analytical Chemist to join their busy Analytical Team. This will involve analysis and characterisation of reaction products, blends & competitor products, as well as stability and degradation testing. Using predominantly GC and HPLC, this role will also conduct method development of these techniques for improved and more accurate analysis. This would be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Analytical Chemist, with a proven background and understanding of classical analysis, GC and HPLC, and method development.
Benefits: You will join a dynamic, supportive team, with great opportunities for professional development and access to external analytical courses and seminars. 37.5 working hours, Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 bank holidays. Excellent pension scheme, private healthcare and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Conducting non-routine analysis, characterisation and stability of complex blends and reaction product
- Utilising a range of wet chemistry techniques, as well as GC, HPLC, coupled techniques (GC-MS, LC-MS) and bespoke tests
- Developing methods for both classical and instrumental analytical methods (GC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS)
- Accurately interpreting, recording and reporting analytical data to support the Process Development and R&D teams
- Validating and documenting analytical methods
- Maintaining analytical equipment and providing troubleshooting support, where possible
- Providing support to satellite laboratories for instrument and method transfer, validation and development
- BSc degree in Chemistry or similar
- Proven experience with GC and HPLC instrumentation, analysis and methods (industrial experience may be from chemicals, FMCG, contract testing, environmental, etc.)
- Experience of analytical method development or investigational analysis preferred
- Proactive and committed approach, with good communication and team-working skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemist, analyst, analytical, analysis, characterisation, analytical development, GC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS, gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, laboratory, lab, method development
your application has been submitted