Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
Senior Bioinformatician - Oncology and NGS
This role will support and inform the analysis of the oncology NGS dataset and guide the development of the data analysis pipeline which drives the clinical variant identification.
Core role requirements:
* Design, develop, validate and maintain the bioinformatics pipeline and tools for Oncology NGS data analysis in order to identify relevant variants of clinical interest.
* Create and further develop NGS algorithms and analytical solutions for the pipeline.
* Maintain accessible documents for process and procedure configuration.
* Remaining aware of and informed about current research and publications on Oncology bioinformatics methods.
* Plan, run and record data from in silico experiments from the project workload using the bioinformatics platform and also stand-alone software.
* Setting up technical reviews and being on hand to answer internal user queries relating to the bioinformatics pipeline.
* Acting as subject matter expert in the product design process, to ensure that new developments meet the regulatory expectations in the sample to result sequencing tests.
* Production of robust datasets which auger well for the distinction of the platform for cancer applications.
* Educated to MSc or PhD in Computer Science/Data Science/Computational Biology/Bioinformatics - or a related discipline
* Well-developed and current knowledge of Python
* A clear and relevant professional background working with Onco-bioinformatics including the design and implementation of pipelines for the analysis of NGS datasets
* An appreciation of the molecular basis of cancers
* Excellent communication skills, able to present data concisely and in a relevant format which is tailored to the audience's needs
* Autonomous in your approach, enjoys responsibility and highly motivated to work with minimal supervision to deadlines.
If this above sounds like it could be your next career move, please contact Bec with a CV in Word or reach out for a conversation about this opportunity: email@example.com / 01223 607858.