Title: Cell Culture Scientist
Location: North East of England
Salary: £25,000 - 32,000 per annum
SRG are currently working with a very well-established organisation which is responsible for technical innovations across the UK in different scientific sectors. In response to an increasing breadth of specialist projects in the area, they are looking to hire an experienced mammalian cell culture scientist to join their Upstream team. The successful candidate will have extensive experience with Mammalian cell culture, alongside experience working with manufacturing automation (Advanced manufacturing), analytical integration, and experience networking machines together. In exchange, you can expect a generous benefit package, a competitive salary, and the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing company with world renowned scientist.
This organisation is a leader in scientific innovation, mainly looking at providing scientific support around process, development and product improvement working across multiple sites. Founded in 2004, they have been behind some of the UK's biggest scientific innovations.
- To contribute to the research and development and scale-up process for the expression of biopharmaceutical products
- To identify, develop and implement advanced manufacturing technologies
- The operation of bioreactors for cell culture from bench to pilot scale.
- To perform appropriate process analytics as required to support and assess experiment and batch performance.
- To work to cGMP standards and maintain documentation in compliance with HSE guidelines.
- A degree in a biological science related field with mammalian cell culture experience (Essential).
- Database development, equipment networking or relevant programming experience (Essential).
- Experience in the operation of bioreactors (eg. Sartorius, Infors, Applikon etc).
- Development and application of analytical methods for titre analysis e.g. SDS-PAGE, HPLC and/or ELISA.
- cGMP experience in a bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or R&D setting (Desired).
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Selby.email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Selby on 0161 868 2236.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: upstream, bioreactor, programming, advanced manufacturing, cell culture, CHO cells, cell line development, upstream process development, small scale bioreactor, GMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, USP, Upstream Process Development, Senior Upstream Process Scientist, Process Development, Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell, AAV, Gene Therapy, Biotherapeutics, Biologics, Bioreactor, Senior process development scientist
your application has been submitted