Job Title: Physical Chemist
Location: Jealotts Hill, Berkshire, Bracknell
Contract: 12 months + extensions
Pay Rate: £21.37 - £25 per hour dependant of experience
Do you have a PhD in physical chemistry or relevant industry experience?
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical R&D company who are currently seeking a Chemist who will be responsible for measuring, understanding, and modelling the physical properties that we use to help design and develop the next generation of agrochemicals.
We are looking for a collaborative individual who can work with scientists from a range of disciplines with the aim of understanding the challenges we face. Using a range of different techniques, you will design and develop the new methods that ensure that physical chemistry meets the demands of a growing company.
What we're looking for:
- A PhD or good undergraduate degree in chemistry or a related discipline
- A practical understanding of analytical and chromatographic techniques and technologies
- Understanding of how the physical properties of compounds influence their behaviour in biological systems
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to critically analyse experimental data
- Ability to design and deliver new assays, methods and/or approaches to overcome difficult scientific problems
- Evidence of working closely with fellow scientists in multi-disciplinary project teams
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Theoretical and/or practical understanding of physical organic chemistry
- Specialist physical or analytical methods, such as electrochemistry or mass spectrometry
- Other disciplines relevant to agrochemical/pharmaceutical research, such as synthetic chemistry, biochemistry or ADME
- Computer programming, workflow tools, cheminformatics or computer-aided drug design
- Line management or supervisory responsibility and the ability to train and mentor others
If this sounds like you or someone you may know, please contact Manpreet Bhullar on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss this role further or others you may be better suited to.
your application has been submitted