Quality Manager required on a permanent basis, based in Wigan. Requiring a background in Quality within the chemicals industry, with supervisor/management experience preferred.
Title: Quality Manager
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
SRG are working with a leading manufacturer and supplier of chemical products. They are currently looking for a Quality Manager to join their laboratory team on a permanent basis, at their site in Wigan. This role will predominantly involve the supervision of the day-to-day activities for the Quality Laboratory, liaising with other Quality staff and supporting with the development and improvement of plant performance.
Benefits: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturer and supplier of chemical products. Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm (with flexibility).
Role / Description
- Overseeing laboratory staff whilst supervising the day-to-day activities for the Quality Laboratory
- Overseeing the site Quality Management Systems
- Reviewing procedures and documentation for Quality Inspection & Monitoring
- Performing and co-ordinating internal audits on a routine basis to evaluate QMS
- Ensuring compliance to all product certifications
- Providing recommendations for re-work of non-confirming products
- Ensuring product quality and sustainability of production processes
- Planning and conducting audits to monitor testing to ensure quality validity
- A degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Proven industrial experience of Quality Laboratory environments
- Supervisor or Management experience
- Knowledge, understanding and/or experience if ISO
- High attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently plan, organise and manage workloads
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, quality control, quality assurance, QC, QA, product checking, product release, batch release, , release testing, viscosity, management, supervisor, quality, ISO, audit, audits, product certifications
your application has been submitted