My Chemical Manufacturing client requires a Senior/Piping Designer for a minimum of 12 months Contract.
The Senior / Piping Designer will be required to support maintenance and project work. Also my client has a major shutdown coming up in 2022 so there will be work relating to that.
- Needs to be suitably experienced to work with a fair degree of autonomy and be proactive in dealing with priorities and workload.
- Currently using AutoCAD based package but moving to PDMS based 3D software. So, must be able to produce General Arrangement drawings, Isometric drawings, Layouts, Equipment details in 2D software as a minimum.
- Experience of Shell piping classes an advantage but not essential. However, needs good understanding of Chemical Plant requirements (Large and Small bore piping systems in materials such as Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, GRP, etc.; Pipe support standards; Plant layout schemes).
- Knowledge of ASME piping codes, (ASME B31.3, etc.).
- Has understanding of current pertinent standards related to the sector, i.e. PED, ATEX , etc. - NOTE: not expecting an Engineer's level of knowledge, but must recognise pertinent constraints related to these.
- Knowledge of good engineering design practices related to pump, vessel, heat exchanger layouts.
- Knowledge of good engineering design practices related to ancillary packages, e.g. boiler, cooling tower, etc.
- Comfortable with carrying out site survey works on a Chemical Plant; understands and displays the correct Safety attitude
- Good organisational skills to maintain and update accurate engineering documents (drawings, sketches, etc.).
- Experience of working with Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Understanding of CDM (2015) regulations and how they relate to Designer responsibilities (e.g. design risk assessments, etc.).
- Familiarity with structural steel detailing an advantage.
- Good and confident communicator - must be able to communicate with all levels in the organisation. We are a small team, so must be confident in understanding the needs of Technicians as well as Senior Engineers, and communicating appropriately.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search