Shift Laboratory Technician performing routine analysis of products as part of the quality control process
Shift Laboratory Technician - Chemistry
Location Kings Lynn, UK
Are you a recent graduate with industry work experience?
Are you looking for a lab based career within Agrochemicals?
- Quality Control of manufactured products and raw materials
- Documenting test results and reporting these where necessary
- Production of Safety Data Sheets for products and raw materials, and subsequently assign CLP label requirements and transport classifications.
- Production of Certificates of Analysis, and other documentation relevant to product registration
- Production of Laboratory samples of current formulations
- Production of samples for external analysis
- Performing routine analysis of products as part of the quality control process
- General laboratory housekeeping
- The candidate would ideally have a degree in Chemistry or a related field, however other qualifications (HNC/HND) or relevant experience will be considered
- The candidate must have a good background understanding of Chemistry and experience working with complex mixtures is desirable, though not essential.
- Experience of working in a busy, industrial laboratory is desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills, and to work well within a busy team. They must be able to work competently, and independently once training has been given.
- The role requires a good mathematical ability and computer literacy
- Excellent organisational skills are required, along with the ability to work to deadlines
- The candidate must be self-motivated and have a desire to develop their job role to suit the company needs.
- This role is predominantly shift based. The hours are 06:00-14:30 and 13:30-22:00 on alternating shifts. At less busy times, office hours of 08:30-17:00 may be observed but notification will be given prior to undertaking
- Clean UK driving licence as some inter-site travel may be required.
Previous laboratory experience is necessary, but may be in the form of either work-based experience, or a strong academic background; however, full training will be given on laboratory protocols and the use of specialist equipment
Excellent remuneration package, including a Contributory Pension Scheme, contributory health care scheme, subsidies daily lunch allowances
Key words; "Lab Tech, lab technician, chemistry, HND, complex mixtures, analytical chemistry "
Please apply direct or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search