Senior Scientist - Cambridge
Job Title: Senior Scientist (Biomarker and Bioanalysis)- Global Pharmaceutical Company
Location: Babraham Science park, UK
Contract: 12 Month with benefits package.
SRG are working with a global pharmaceutical company to help them find a Senior scientist to join their busy team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist with some relevant industrial experience.
The biomarker and bioanalysis Senior Scientist is responsible for initiating, directing and performing research experiments and implementing strategies. They will maintain an in-depth knowledge of state-of -the-art principles and scientific theories. The Senior Scientist displays leadership by scientific influence. They will demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, teamwork and independent thought. They will show the ability to author scientific publications in peer reviewed journals and make presentations at scientific meetings.
- To develop methods, design, perform, identify, and solve problems and summarize data from biomarker and / or bioanalytical support to invitro and / or invivo toxicology and PK/PD studies to achieve Project Team objectives
- To lead interactions with projects on interpretation of bioanalysis and biomarker data
- Identify new approaches and technologies that would improve our ability to support projects
- To be a co-author on manuscripts
- To ensure all work meets GLS (General Laboratory Standard)
- Responsible for and ensure that the results of own experiments are recorded accurately and reported to a high standard
- To build an awareness of current scientific development relevant to a particular area of pathology biomarker and / or bioanalytical science
- To deliver high quality scientific results to agreed completion dates for several concurrent studies and schedule their own work in agreement with the Study Supervisor so that project deadlines are achieved
- Influence invitro and invivo scientists to ensure that appropriate samples are taken to define the biomarker and or candidate drug
- Experience of biomarkers and/or bioanalysis of large molecules
- Minimum BSc degree in Biology - MSc preferred
- At least 3 years hands on experience within a lab
- Knowledge and experience of LC MS (Liquid cytometry & Mass spectrometry)
- In vitro bio fluid and tissue sample analysis
- Large molecule bio analysis experience would be a significant advantage.
To apply click the link or send your CV to email@example.com
Key Words: Biomarker / Bioanalysis / Biology / LCMS / toxicology
your application has been submitted
Back to job search