Senior Specialist SRA
Salary competitive day rate - inside IR35
As a Contractor in Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Regulatory Specialist performs a variety of regulatory activities related to raw materials, finished products, product registration, labelling, claims, packaging, and regulatory database management to ensure compliance with applicable food and other product-related laws and regulations in accordance with internal processes in the region. This position proactively identifies potential regulatory problems, and takes action, as appropriate, to minimize or eliminate such problems and performs other duties to assist in creating a positive scientific and regulatory environment for our products and aligned with our business goals as well as ensuring SRA internal stantards and processes are monitored and complied with.
- Has responsibility for assuring ingredients, formulas, labelling, and packaging are in full compliance with laws and regulations;
- Has responsibility for assuring claims are in full compliance with laws and regulations;
- Proactively monitors regulatory activities in the region; determines current and expected regulatory status of new ingredients and additives; researches interpretations regarding the safety and acceptability of products and ingredients, and assures that SRA databases are up to date and contain the best current information; works internally (including with cross-segment Mars partners) and externally to address and influence proposed regulations to preserve Mar's freedom to operate;
- Participates on project teams, anticipates regulatory issues and works with legal counsel, consultants, suppliers, and trade associations and external partners to clarify and resolve these issues;
- Leads SRA projects, and assists on more complex projects, some with global scope and impact;
- Leads the regional deployment, compliance to and reporting on SRA internal standards and processes as well as supporting internal and external audits.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical area, such as nutrition, food science, biology, chemistry or pharmacology.
- Preferred: A Master's degree in a technical area, such as nutrition, food science, biology, chemistry or pharmacology, or in food law
- Technical experience in regulatory affairs with food products, This includes excellent knowledge on European food legislation.
Key words; "Food science or regulatory affairs or EMEA or food products or european food legislation"
Please apply direct or send your CV to email@example.com.
your application has been submitted