Downstream Cell Processing ScientistPermanent Cambridge
Competitive salary, benefits & career opportunities
SRG is delighted to be supporting our Cambridge based start-up biotech client with their search for a Downstream Cell Processing Scientist. With funding secured, they are working to develop a highly innovative synthetic biology platform, to create new and ground-breaking cell therapeutics. Applying CRISPR technology to engineer iPSCs, these are further functionalised into cell therapies with the aim of creating cell products with the ability to process external cues via engineered receptors, which then release a variety of cargos upon activation. Such methodology can be used to create innovative treatment solutions for autoimmune and cancer disease models.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and running scalable downstream processes to separate, purify and formulate our cell products for later use in functional and analytical studies.
- Investigating new methods and equipment for isolation and formulation of cell products, with the potential to scale up volumes and cell numbers compatible with pre-clinical development requirements.
- Frequent collaborations with upstream and analytical workstreams within Process Research to ensure that downstream processes and capability in scale are aligned with other workstreams
- Timely, accurate recording and analysis of results and compliance with data integrity procedures
- Contribution to critical interpretation of data to draw results driven hypotheses, with influence on project/function direction
- Working to existing SOPs and risk assessments and contribution to generating new ones as appropriate
- A relevant PhD or MSC with significant experience, preferably in the areas of bioprocessing & biotechnology
- Experience in process development / manufacturing of biologicals (e.g., biopharmaceuticals, cell therapies, vaccines), preferably in industrial settings
- Proven lab-based experience with downstream processes, such as chromatography, centrifugation and concentration, miniaturised systems, scale up/out techniques, formulation, and storage
- Proven lab-based experience with protocol design, data recording, process, and storage
- Fluency in spoken and written English
If this role profile sounds like what you want to do next, and your CV proves you have the necessary skills and experience to do it, then please apply now through the link or contact Umul Ahmed for more information: email@example.com
your application has been submitted