Job Title: PPS Research Associate
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Pay Rate: £11.84 an hour (circa £22,000 per annum)
Contract: 12 Months
SRG is working with a global leading agrochemical company based in Bracknell, Berkshire, who are currently seeking a PPS Research Associate to join their Primary Profiling Screening team within Weed Control.
The successful candidate will be required to spray, maintain, and assess herbicide bioassays in the glasshouse using established and novel weed screening methods to produce biological data to enable project decisions.
- Work independently and as part of a team while carrying out experimental work using established and novel screening methods.
- Maintain plants under glasshouse conditions for the duration of the test.
- Prepare troughs ahead of spraying by tagging plants that are not in a suitable condition and labelling troughs.
- Accurately assess plants for herbicidal symptomology and activity.
- Work with precision, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Educated (BSc, BTEC, Diploma or A levels) in Biological Sciences, Plant Science or a similar agricultural subject would be advantageous.
- General knowledge of plant biology; ideally also with knowledge of weed control and some agronomy.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft office programs.
- Hands on experience working with plants - in a plant nursery, glasshouse, field work or from landscape gardening.
- Be capable of participating in physically demanding tasks/work.
- Enjoys hands-on work (may include some heavy lifting).
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search