Project Engineer - Mechanical Engineer - Design Engineer
FMCG & R&D Manufacturing
Title: Development Engineer
Location: Oxfordshire (Swindon / Oxford / Reading)
Salary: £26k - £35k
Opportunity to travel in Europe
Packaging with the Food & Beverage sector has been a huge talking point of late and our world leading client are looking to make a change. This is an opportunity for a Development Engineer to be part of a project team developing and improving packaging products from an idea through to implementation.
- Design using CAD components, tools, and machine parts for packaging products
- Carry out product and process development work within R&D, setting up equipment and manufacturing samples for testing and trials.
- Produce product manufacturing standards and specifications.
- Transfer technology into the manufacturing plants, preparing the necessary documentation, providing commissioning support and demonstrating capability against dimensional and performance requirements.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent subject discipline or HNC/equivalent
- Mechanical Design ability with CAD experience (Solidworks preferably)
- Capable of performing hands on tooling and machine set-up
- Able to drive project work with the minimum of supervision
- Full driving licence & ability to travel
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Fraser on 0161 868 2204
If you have an engineering background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit our website to view our other vacancies
your application has been submitted