Location: London Contract: Permanent Pay Rate: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Would you like to work for a cutting-edge company working across modern Biological Therapeutics such as Gene Therapy and Cell Therapy?
My client, based in London, are specialists in the Research, Development and Commercialisation of Advanced therapy medicinal products, working with Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical companies to translate early-stage research into quality, commercially viable, scalable and investable therapies. They attract leading scientists from around the world, to join their R&D department, which boasts state of the art laboratories and facilities supporting Gene Therapy & Cell Therapy development and industrialisation.
They are looking for an experienced Lab Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will have a key role to play working collaboratively with lab users, supply chain & warehousing, facilities, and I.T to ensure the facility operates safely and efficiently.
- Laboratory management
- Coordinate and chair regular laboratory management meetings with users and support teams
- Coordinate, monitor and participate in weekly laboratory cleaning
- Coordinate, monitor and participate in routine decontamination of laboratory equipment
- Manage the electronic equipment / area booking system and report facility usage
- Provide laboratory induction and aseptic technique training
- Manage risks to, and be an advocate for, health and safety within the Laboratory. In particular identifying hazards and controlling risks associated with the chemical and biological materials used on-site
- Provide non-technical, preventative maintenance, for key items of equipment
- Coordinate calibration of laboratory equipment such as pipettes and balances
- Represent laboratory users interests in facility modification projects
- Support facilities to order and maintain laboratory furniture and storage units
- A BSc with significant years of experience working in biological development laboratories. Or equivalent experience/qualifications. Ideally from a cell biology background
- Experience of coordinating laboratory activities
- Experience and a strong understanding of the facility requirements for analytical and bioprocessing development laboratories is essential
- Experience in managing laboratory health and safety
- IOSH certificated Laboratory Health and Safety for COSHH
- Proven ability to use initiative and engage constructively with colleagues, at all levels and across different departments, to deliver objectives and to respond to a wide range of customer and management needs
- A good team player with a hands-on approach and adaptable to new challenges
- Ability to work independently whilst maintaining a high standard of work with limited supervision
- Ability to take the initiative when completing tasks
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set
- High level interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong IT skills
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to forge a career in cutting edge science, within a renowned business in London.
Please apply online or call Umul Ahmed on 0203 0964529.
your application has been submitted