QC Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Chemistry qualification required as a minimum. Previous experience in QC, production or quality inspection is beneficial but not essential. Good working maths skills needed.
£22,000 per annum
SRG is working with a highly successful company who manufacture a vast range of adhesives, sealants and other industrial chemicals. With the business growing consistently, they are now looking for QC Technician to join the Lab team, testing raw materials and finished products using a range of chemical and physical testing techniques. This role would suit a motivated and enthusiastic individual, with a qualification in Chemistry and good maths skills. Industrial experience in product testing, QC or production would be advantageous but is not essential. Shift work may be required in future with associated shift bonus (no nights).
Benefits: A really well-established, stable business who have continued to grow hugely over the last decade and are set to double their turnover in the next 2 years. 23 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays. Current working hours: 8.00am-4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 3.30pm finish on Fridays.
- Conducting quality control testing on raw materials and finished products to develop and maintain QC data
- Testing will include viscosity, density, gel time, dimensions, extrusion, specific gravity & solid content measurements
- Ensuring testing, recording and reporting of results is to required standards
- Performing accurate calculations to make formulation adjustments and corrections for batch production
- Maintain and update database with test results, updates test methods and equipment calibration records
- Support with inspections across all stages of production
- Actively participate in Root Cause Analysis investigations of deviations, non-conformances and customer complaints
- Minimum A Level/BTEC Level 3 in Chemistry or Applied Science
- Experience in a laboratory, QC or production environment is beneficial, but not essential
- Good maths skills - including fractions, percentages, ratios and good colour vision
- Enthusiastic, good work ethic and willing to learn
- Flexible to undertake shift work in future (no night shifts)
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, Applied Science, QC, Quality Control, BTEC, A Level, HNC, HND, BSc, MChem, degree, graduate, inspection, manufacturing, production, Applied Science, lab technician, laboratory
your application has been submitted