Process Development Chemist required, based in South Yorkshire. Scientific essential, along with industrial experience of process development and reaction chemistry.
Process Development Chemist
£26,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a brilliant company, based in South Yorkshire, who specialise in the manufacture and processing of materials and metals. Their Technical Projects Team are now looking for a Process Development Chemist to join them and play a key role in designing and optimising reaction processes for the production of speciality materials. Working in both the lab and pilot plant, you will also be involved in characterisation and scale up projects, with a view to full scale production. This would be a fantastic opportunity for a degree-qualified Chemist or Chemical Engineer who has experience in developing processes to improve industrial chemical reactions (yield, purity, reaction kinetics, etc.) and some experience of scaling to pilot or full production scale.
Benefits: You would be joining a long-running, successful company with a supportive work environment and future opportunities to lead full-scale plant projects. 37 working hours, Monday to Friday with flexible start and finish times. 33 days holiday, private healthcare, generous pension scheme and on-site gym facilities, as well as free ice cream freezer!
Role / Description:
- Designing, planning and conducting experiments at lab scale to develop and optimise reaction processes, conditions and routes to desired product
- Carrying out distillations, filtrations, neutralisations, pH adjustments as necessary
- Monitoring reactions and undertaking analytical characterisation to determine reaction kinetics, yield, purity, energy input/output, cost effectiveness
- Documenting and implementing experimental procedures for safe working practices in the laboratory
- Generating and reporting reaction and analytical data to Project Manager to meet project deadlines
- Developing new analytical methods as needed (main techniques: ICP, XRF)
- Scaling up of processes to pilot plant (kilo scale) with associated characterisation of products vs. specification
- Providing process support to other technical departments as required
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or similar
- Experience in process development for chemical reactions in an industrial laboratory
- Experience of scaling up to pilot plant or full-scale production level, working with large reactors
- Resilient and positive attitude
- Good project, time management and teamworking skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: process development, reaction, chemical, metal, oxide, kinetics, yield, purity, laboratory, chemistry, materials science, analysis, analytical, materials, exothermic, reduction, degree, graduate, organic, inorganic
your application has been submitted