Are you a leader in the biotechnology industry looking to join a rapidly growing technology innovation centre?
Job Title: Head of Technology
Vacancy type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive with benefits (Car Allowance, Healthcare)
Location: North East
We are working with a world-renowned technology innovation centre that works closely with academia, industry and the government to bridge the gap between scientific innovation and commercialisation. We are working exclusively on an exciting opportunity for a Scientific Leader with a history in leading multidisciplinary teams in the biotechnology sector. The successful candidate will build, direct, and lead a team of high quality and enthusiastic scientists that includes Microbiologists, Strain Engineers, and Process Analysts, to help bring innovative novel foods to market.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of around 25 colleagues that develop fermentation processes with associated strain development, upstream and downstream processes, and technology transfer to other sites.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other teams, the translation of laboratory fermentation processes to the pilot and demonstration plants.
- Contributing expert knowledge to help steer the company's technology strategy and translate this into deliverable plans to achieve business objectives.
- leading and delivering a range of short and long-term as well as complex multi-disciplinary projects.
Essential role requirements:
- Educated to PhD level (or equivalent) in a Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, (Bio)Chemical Engineering or a closely related subject. Chartered status with a relevant professional institution is highly desirable (CEng/FIChemE)
- Experience developing and maintaining effective client relationships within a process technology environment is essential.
- Proven track record of building, leading, inspiring, and motivating high-performing teams within the biotechnology, food and beverage or allied industries.
- Have considerable experience working with laboratory procedures and practices to allow you to contribute to the design and execution of bioprocess development. (Fermentation and upstream process experience is essential)
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this or any other scientific opportunities, please get in touch with Selby De Klerk on 0161 868 2236 or email Selby.firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted