Scientist/Senior Scientist - Bioconjugation
Competitive salary & Benefits
Do you have proven industrial experience with antibody drug conjugates (ADC), oligonucleotide conjugates, PEGylation or other conjugate development programs?
Are you looking to further develop your practical skills in bioconjugation of small molecules while supporting several high-profile customer projects?
SRG is thrilled to be supporting an ever-advancing company that provides a wide range of investigatory solutions to support early discovery through to mid-phase biotherapeutic and ADC drug development services for the pharmaceutical industry. As a lab-based bioconjugation scientist, you will join their exciting team, responsible for aiding the development and production of innovative products, solutions, and services to support customer drug discovery.
- Support customer project using a variety of analytical techniques such as HIC, SEC, IEX, LC-MS and microfluids.
- Design and carry out experiments independently within bioconjugation (small molecules) to support various projects - cytotoxic drugs, fluorescent labels, oligonucleotides, and polymers to antibodies proteins.
- Using your IT skills for MS Office, and specialist software for example - Chromeleon, Unify, MassLynx and ChemDraw.
- Provide clear communicate both orally and in writing, keeping team and management informed.
- To work in both a team and independently to ensure the effective research is produced.
Ideal candidates will hold BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry/Protein Biochemistry or a related science discipline with proven industrial bioconjugation experience. Proven industrial experience with bioconjugation of small molecules e.g. cytotoxic drugs, fluorescent labels, oligonucleotides) and polymers to antibodies and proteins using a range of linker chemistries, purification using automated systems (ÄKTA) and membrane ultrafiltration (TFF), and analytical characterisation techniques such as column chromatography (HIC, SEC, IEX), UV-Vis spectrophotometry, microfluidics (CE-SDS, iCEF) and LC-MS is essential. A proven understanding of ADC and its application to the drug development process is critical.
In addition to your technical experience, candidates must demonstrate excellent organisational and time-management skills. The ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently is crucial and candidates must display the ability to efficiently communicate to both internal and external stakeholders.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please contact Bryony Wilson at SRG - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01582 958204
your application has been submitted