Senior Bioinformatician Remuneration: £60,000-£80,000 base salary (depending on experience) plus benefits package Job Type: Permanent Location: London area (flexible working arrangements available)
We are currently partnering with an exciting new life sciences company who are seeking a talented and ambitious Bioinformatician to join the team and play a key role in the development of novel human cell therapies, utilising the company's gene silencing technology.
You will be joining a multidisciplinary team of computational and experimental biologists devoted to developing new human cell engineering approaches with therapeutic applications in mind. This is an ideal opportunity for an enterprising individual who desires to be part of an innovative research program which will have a telling impact on patient's lives.
- Develop and maintain bioinformatic pipelines that deliver uniform processing of human NGS data
- Manage and advance existing bioinformatics pipelines with a focus on tailoring them to human genome applications.
- Design and execute statistically robust genome-scale analyses that will inform subsequent strategies of the R&D team
- Maintain, support, and further evolve the company's computational and storage environment (servers/cluster & databases)
- Support the company's central NGS repository
- Establish and build the cloud-based bioinformatics platform
- Help establish and oversee a suitable secure sharing mechanism for big data
- MSc with industry experience or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational biology, Statistics; PhD would be an advantage
- Prior expertise in human genomics and genome-scale data analysis strongly preferred (experience within mammalian genomics will also be considered)
- Proficiency with bioinformatics tools and pipelines, particularly NGS data processing for variant calling and/or other functional genomics applications
- Proven programming skills with use of one of the following programming languages: R, Python, C#, and data analytics platforms
- Strong knowledge of any core statistical software/packages (e.g., SQL) and cloud services (AWS) for genomics data processing & storage
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate well with different stakeholders
If you are interested in taking the next step in your career, then please apply online!
your application has been submitted