My chemical manufacturing client is looking to recruit an EC&I Engineer to ensure that the process operations on their site operate effectively, efficiently, and safely, complying with relevant current legislation. You will be tasked to identify and report problems and prepare and complete actions for continuous improvement.
- Be the competent authority on E,C&I engineering matters for the entire site, ensuring that all new and existing equipment complies with relevant sections of the COMAH regulations
- Electricity at Work
- Cyber Security
- Represent EUK to the Competent Authorities on E,C&I engineering subjects
- Be involved in safety reviews for new and existing plant and take responsibility for ensuring actions are closed out
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) input to Management of Change (MoC) reviews
- Work with the project and process engineering teams to prepare scope of work documents for tender and review bids
- Ensure that installation work is completed, following all company and industrial standards, in a way that reduces risk to a level 'As Low As Reasonably Practicable'
- Monitor the sites electricity demand and oversee a continuous process of improvement and expansion
- Work with the companies IT department and external resources in order to maintain the sites distributed control network
- Assist the maintenance department in
- Setting up suitable preventative maintenance and inspection schedules for equipment
- Non-routine and complex maintenance issues
- Development of E,C&I technicians
- An E,C&I engineering graduate with a minimum of 5 year's industrial experience working in the manufacturing industry
- A time served Engineer, with an E,C&I bias with a minimum of 10 year's industrial experience preferably with a working knowledge of COMAH regulations
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
- In depth understanding of the requirements of:
- The Electricity at Work Regulations
- PUWER - The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations?
- BS 7671 - Wiring regulations - 18th Edition
- BS EN 61511 - Safety Instrumented Systems
- BS EN 60079 - ATEX regulations
- CAD packages
- Microsoft Office software
- The ability to write, interrogate and make modifications to the site PLC/SCADA programmes where necessary.
your application has been submitted