Job Title: Structural Biologist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 1 year + extensions
Pay Rate: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
SRG are currently looking to recruit for a Structural Biologist to join a global agrochemical company based in the Berkshire area. This organisation wishes to help people across the world to grow more food using fewer resources in a more sustainable way.
We are looking for a motivated and independent structural biologist with Masters or PhD level qualifications ideally having worked with different protein targets, ideally soluble and membrane-bound. This position is a great opportunity for scientists interested in an industrial career to gain practical industry experience, working on structural biology platform activities which would mostly be structure solution with the potential for construct design, protein expression, purification and biophysics too depending on the project. Prior experience in structure solution by crystallography or cryo-EM is essential, whilst the rest of the pipeline described above would be preferred.
The successful candidate will work alongside other structural biologists as well as part of multidisciplinary project teams, with their contributions supporting chemistry design throughout R&D. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams are highly desirable qualities for this position.
- Structure solution (by crystallography or cryo-EM) of proteins and protein-ligand complexes
- Effectively communicate results through presentations, e-mails and reports
- Troubleshoot and share learnings and insights with the team in a timely manner
- Organisational duties around lab hardware, consumables and software as well as HSE considerations
- PhD or MSc degree in structural biology or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in practical macromolecular crystallography, ideally across a wide range of protein families
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn additional skills both within own discipline but also other areas in the team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills as well as good computer literacy
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.email@example.com.
your application has been submitted