Job Title: Postdoc Soil Health Modeller
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 3 years
Pay Rate: £21.36 per hour (circa £39,986 per annum)
SRG are currently looking to recruit for a Postdoc Soil Health Modeller to join a global agrochemical company based in the Berkshire area. This organisation wishes to help people across the world to grow more food using fewer resources in a more sustainable way.
Soils play an important role in the terrestrial ecosystem and their health is crucial to sustain food production. Hence, understanding how chemical, biological, and physical stress factors affect soils and how to quantify its health is currently a top priority in soil science.
Our client is offering an exciting 3-year Post-Doctoral position to develop a soil model to assess soil health indicators. The Post-Doc will be part of a team that works jointly on the development of a global, digital decision tool for growers, which is built around scientifically robust models that reflect local environmental conditions and agronomic practices.
The Post-Doc will identify relevant soil functions to develop an indicator system for the environmental impact of crop protection and agronomic practices on soil health. The role will include performing thorough literature reviews, and evaluating potential ways of model development, validation and spatial model transferability. Hence, a good understanding of environmental impact analyses and modelling is required. The Post-Doc will have the chance to advance scientific research individually and in an international team, and will seek to contribute to a sustainable usage of plant protection products. The business will provide the opportunity to publish in scientific journals and present at international conferences.
The position will be in the Environmental Fate Modelling Team at Jealott's Hill, UK. This will provide the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from various environmental fate scientists, eco-toxicologists and environmental risk assessment experts. In addition, the Post-Doc will belong to a multi-disciplinary team, including experts in weed biology and agronomy.
- Scientific literature review
- Identification of environmental indicators for soil health
- Development of model, validation, and spatial transferability
- Co-ordinating with environmental fate, ecotoxicology, environmental risk assessment and biology experts
- Publishing in scientific journals and presenting at conferences (some international business travel is likely to be required).
- A PhD degree in environmental fate, soil, hydrology, ecology, ecotoxicology, environmental risk indicators, or similar
- Experience in designing and analysing environmental systems models
- Experience in analysing, interpreting, and pre/post-processing observational and model data (spatial and temporal)
- High motivation to publish in the peer-reviewed journals
- Good programming and scripting skills (e.g., python, MATLAB, R, or similar)
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.email@example.com.
your application has been submitted