Operational Support Technician required, based in Liverpool. Requiring someone with a mechanical or electrical background and experience in dock side operations.
Title: Operational Support Technician
SRG is working with a world leading oils company. Recent growth has created 2 roles for an Operational Support Technician to join their growing team. Based in Liverpool, this role you will be essential in ensuring that raw materials brought into the port can be safely offloaded and ensuring their operation rooms smoothly. It would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with some experience in dock side operations and is now looking to develop their career in a new environment.
Salary: £27,500 (plus generous benefits package)
37.5 hours/week. 7.5 hours per day basis between 7am- 7pm
Role / Description
- Coordinating and managing the safe offloading of ships that bring raw materials to site
- Operation of the ancillary operations including boilers, effluent plant, air compressors. Ensuring they are all well maintained, serviced and in good condition.
- Contractor management
- Mechanical & Electrical maintenance tasks
- Carry out risk assessments, safety inspections and writing permits to contractor activities
- Ensuring housekeeping standards are continually improved by carrying out cleaning in line with specific cleaning schedules, as identified during audits and by self-inspection of the area
- Be responsible for the intake and safe offloading of oil deliveries and other chemicals by road. This will include sampling and product testing.
- Provide supplementary resources across the manufacturing site as required to manage peaks in plant tasks
- Ensuring all administrations functions are completed and fully compliant (order processing, record keeping, performing trackers)
- Developing systems and processes and standard operating procedures to ensure that all operational tasks are documented, safe and auditable.
- Training and development will be provided to grow the right candidate
- Electrical or mechanical trade qualification is desirable
- Experience in dock side operations is desirable
- Driven to self-learning
- Confident user of Microsoft and maintenance systems.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Maintenance, engineer, manufacturing, electrical, mechanical, dockside, operations, fault finding, FMCG, fast moving consumer goods, maintenance technician, maintenance operator, multi skilled technician, multi skilled operator
your application has been submitted