Job Title: Analytical Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 1 year + potential extensions
Pay Rate: £30,000 to £38,000 per annum
SRG are currently looking to recruit for an analytical scientist to join a global agrochemical company based in the Berkshire area. This organisation wishes to help people across the world to grow more food using fewer resources in a more sustainable way. They aim to find new solutions, products and services that meet their customers' most pressing needs. Therefore, they are looking for innovative, ambitious and courageous individuals. In return you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
As part of the Structural Chemistry team, you will be working within a business-critical part of the company, providing analytical support and solutions for customers across the Research and Development pipeline. We are looking for someone with practical experience of either chromatography and mass spectrometry or nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. This role will involve running and managing routine experiments as well as the opportunity to expand your expertise with more challenging analyses using state-of-the-art NMR, LC/GC-MS and X-ray equipment.
- Help with the maintenance of equipment thus ensuring that high quality data is delivered to customers or available to solve challenging structural problems
- Work proactively across the business, both within the team which covers both MS and NMR disciplines, as well as with colleagues in other areas such as X-ray crystallography, to solve structural problems
- Use experience gained to date to advise customers on the appropriate analytical technique or team member needed to address their problem
- Degree in Chemistry or analytical science related subjected
- Hands on experience of analytical instrumentation and maintenance (MS, NMR, X-ray)
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn additional skills both within own discipline but also other areas in the team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills as well as good computer literacy
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted