Working for an exciting and expanding biotech company the main purpose of the role is to support bioassay scientists through cell culture maintenance, testing, reagent preparation and laboratory maintenance and organisation. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining cells required in cellular potency assays to the required standards.
- Preparation of cell culture media and aliquoting of media and assay reagents as required
- Support the stock control, purchasing and distributing lab reagents and consumables
- Perform routine cellular assays with supervision as required
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Operating in accordance with the Company's Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experienced in the preparation of cell culture assay media and aseptic aliquoting of media and assay reagents.
- Experience with various cell lines, preferably both adherent and suspension, and able to perform cell culture of multiple cell lines in parallel to support work of a small team of Scientists.
- Ability to take on responsibility of routine cellular assays with supervision as needed.
- Shown a commitment to ensuring laboratory equipment is maintained and operated in a safe manner
- Understanding of good documentation practice. Record results and information in a concise, accurate and timely way as part of studies or in a work environment
- Learn about new practices through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
- Minimum of GCSE or equivalent in a scientific disciplineDesirable: HNC in a scientific discipline or equivalent.
your application has been submitted