Process Development/Protein ScientistCentral Belt - ScotlandCompetitive salary and extensive benefits package on offer including flex-time and annual bonus.SRG are looking for an experienced chemist or biochemist to join the development team within an expanding and successful contract manufacturing company in the Central Belt of Scotland.
This is a really exciting time to join the company who are a global name in their field and are growing further due to continued success.The Role:
- Plan and carry out experiments and analysis, to ensure effective technology transfer and development of fit for purpose processes in line with customer requirements.
- Record and interpret data in compliance with regulatory standards
- Client communication
- Follow laboratory procedures to ensure that the work is carried out safely, effectively, and to an appropriate quality standard
- Follow protocols and procedures
- Communication with other teams in the business
- Trouble-shoot scaled-up processes
- Complete all work in compliance with regulatory and health and safety regulations
- Educated to higher degree or degree level in Chemistry/Biochemistry discipline with relevant industry experience
- Experience in drug development is desirable
- Background knowledge in organic chemistry and protein structure and function
- Protein purification experience such as Tangential Flow Filtration, Chromatography or Filtration
- A sound knowledge of protein analytical techniques such as UV/VIS, HPLC techniques
While previous experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry in a similar role is very desirable, high achieving graduates, PhDs or post docs with relevant knowledge of the above will also be consideredIf you are interested in this position, please contact Emma or apply online.
your application has been submitted