QC Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. Requiring an analytical background and experience in the use of GC (Gas Chromatography) or HPLC, and good wet chemistry skills in a working laboratory environment.
£26,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits
SRG is working with a genuinely well-respected, innovative company who develop speciality chemicals and additives for downstream chemical industries. They are now looking for a new QC Chemist to join the team at their site in Cheshire, working in a well-equipped lab and conducting QC analysis on raw materials, in process, and finished chemical products. Using an array of analytical techniques, you will also support OOS investigations and method development trials. This role would be a brilliant opportunity for someone with several years of QC or analytical experience in an industrial environment, with specific experience in GC or HPLC - this could be from the chemicals sector, contract testing or similar.
Benefits: You would join a supportive and dynamic team, with full training provided across all instrumentation. 37.5 working hours Monday to Friday, with various options on shift pattern (7am-3pm, 8.30am-4.30pm or 11am-7.00pm). 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days, increasing with length of service. Excellent pension scheme, private healthcare, share save scheme and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Undertaking analysis of raw materials, in-process and finished chemical products
- Operating analytical instrumentation including GC, coupled GC (MS, FID, TCD), HPLC, IC, ICP, TGA to perform analysis using established methods
- Performing wet chemistry and physical techniques, including titrations, flash point, density, viscosity, Karl Fischer, pH, etc.
- Undertaking maintenance of instrumentation as necessary
- Recording and reporting data within the quality system
- Using statistical data to interpret results and monitor trends
- Performing analytical investigations, trials and tests to meet research, plant and customer needs
- Adhering to ISO 9001 and GMP standards and partaking in associated audits
- Degree in Chemistry preferred (BSc/MChem/MSc), HND can be considered
- Proven industrial experience of QC or analysis of chemicals, with good wet chemistry/bench skills
- Experience with Gas Chromatography (GC) and/or operational experience other analytical techniques - e.g. HPLC, GC-MS, IC or TGA
- Excellent communication skills and pro-active approach
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, chemist, analyst, analytical, analysis, GC, GC-MS, GCMS, GC-FID, GC-TCD, GC-ECD, HPLC, IC, TGA, ICP, chromatography, gas chromatography, laboratory, lab, wet chemistry, bench techniques, chemicals, contract testing, pharmaceuticals, materials
your application has been submitted