Director of Biologics - North East UK - Permanent - Excellent Package and Benefits
Are you a strategic leader within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry? Are you able to build new teams and departments from scratch? Are you driven by driving innovation and new technologies?
Search by SRG are very excited to be exclusively supporting a business who are accelerating innovation and technology in Pharmaceutical manufacturing with finding a Director of Biologics. This role involves overseeing all biologics business units including a brand new RNA Centre of Excellence focusing on supporting novel RNA treatments for cancer and vaccines - the first of its kind in the UK!
The Director of Biologics will bring the strategy and energy to drive a team of successful managers and will inherit a high performing scientific team as well as bringing the experience to create new teams of experts in manufacturing and pharmaceutical excellence. You will have access to state-of-the art facilities, as well as working with a huge range of pharmaceutical, academic and biotechnology businesses.
You will put a sustainable growth strategy in place to ensure the long-term success of the Biologics capability and work with a growing 100 strong team to deliver every time for customers. A key part of the role is understanding the biologics market to ensure the team stay one step ahead of the demands of industry, trends in innovation and anticipating the next wave of developments; making sure they are equipped to help their customers respond.
What you need for success?
- Significant industrial experience in a senior position within Pharmaceuticals/Biotech/Healthcare
- Relevant scientific education (PhD/MSc etc) + further leadership qualifications preferred
- You will need excellent aptitude and leadership to create strategy and motivate your teams as well as managing change and overseeing a team of 100+
- Extensive understanding of GMP as well as current trends and innovations in the pharmaceutical/manufacturing space.
- The ability to engage with senior stakeholders from a range of areas; Senior Leaders within the Pharmaceutical industry, Government Ministers and Internal leaders.
This is an exceptional role to make an impact in the pharmaceutical industry as well as continue to drive new exciting technologies and groups. You will play a key role in the company's mission to engage with, and drive, the translation of ideas and technology to market.
The company offers flexible working but as a member of the leadership team, we will expect you to be present on site in the North East with your teams frequently (multiple days a week).
To apply or find out more please reach out to Hannah Mason on 0203 910 9533
your application has been submitted