QC Technician required, based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. Good maths/numerical skills needed with an interest in science/chemistry. Previous QC or manufacturing experience would be considered beneficial but is not essential.
Title: QC Technician
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 per annum
SRG is working with a family-run and well-established manufacturer of chemical construction products who have consistently grown year on year for the last 5 years - even in a pandemic! They are now looking for a QC Technician to join the lab team in testing raw materials and finished products. This role would be an entry-level position, ideal for someone with good maths skills and an interest in science, ideally with GCSEs or A-Levels in these subjects. A motivated and enthusiastic attitude is key, as well as a good work ethic. This role does not require a degree qualification
Benefits: Permanent role in a company who are looking to invest further in their lab and manufacturing facilities in the next 2 years, with full training provided. Offering 23 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, matched pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus. Working hours: 6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm, rotating weekly.
- Conducting quality control testing on raw materials, finished products and packaging following standard operating procedures
- Testing will include viscosity, density, gel time, dimensions, extrusion, specific gravity
- Ensuring testing, recording and reporting of results is to required standards
- Performing accurate calculations as necessary to adjust and amend formulations for the lab and the plant
- Supporting the Production team with batch formula adjustments and process condition changes to ensure product are within specification.
- Undertaking project work to solve production problems, improve pass rates or optimise testing procedures
- Helping with daily lab housekeeping tasks
- Making sure equipment is well-maintained and calibrated
- GCSE qualifications in Maths and Science - A Levels, HNC or HND advantageous
- Interest in science
- Good maths skills and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a good work ethic
- Experience in a laboratory, QC or industrial manufacturing environment considered beneficial, but not essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Mathematics, maths, chemistry, science, laboratory, wet chemistry, QC, quality control, lab support, production, GCSE, A Level, HND, HNC, manufacturing, process, technician
your application has been submitted